Space Girls

Space Girls

Monday, March 26, 2012

Training Days

There are no victories at discount prices. –D. D. Eisenhower 

Though he was a skilled fighter and battle tactician, Joshua still needed Moses’ prayers to God to overcome the Amalekites. HMMM! 

In training for any event, you train not only to survive; but to go beyond the actual event. This helps build strength and fortitude and equips you to hold out until victorious. The same is true in our Christian walk. However, very often we want to cut our prayers short, not give time to meditation and devotions, or spend time in study of God’s word. Even in our daily life we try to cut corners, hasten time along, or live with compromise. This only leads to defeat. God has always been and always will be exact in his word and expectations. Though victory is assured He will not allow us to coast. Today is another training day. 

Until tomorrow…… 

Pastor Botts 

“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize…..I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.” – I Corinthians 9:24,27 

No comments:

Post a Comment