Space Girls

Space Girls

Monday, October 21, 2013

Properly fighting monsters

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one. – F. Nietzsche  

Though Saul hated and tried to destroy him, David had nothing but love for God’s anointed man. WOW!

It happens time and time again. We come across obstinate, arrogant, defiant, evil intentioned people in our lives, on our jobs, and sometimes even in our homes. It’s an almost constant battle where our righteousness is severely put to the test. A good tactician knows the easiest way to defeat an enemy is to get them out of their normal routine or comfort zone, and strike quickly; which is what our enemy constantly tries with us. And if we’re not careful we soon cross the line into no man’s land. But God calls on us to practice self-control, to respond in righteousness, and not repay evil for evil. Just as we hate to see our child or star pupil act out of character, so does our Heavenly Father. He’s counting on us to show the world what a saint looks like.  

Until tomorrow…….  

Pastor Botts  

“I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified fro the prize.” – I Corinthians 9:27

No comments:

Post a Comment